In honor of Wilma Rudolph, the Wilma “Skeeter” Rudolph Scholarship is awarded to two collegiate African-American women who will be participating in track & field during college. This scholarship is to assist in the retention of African American female students as well as aid them in completing their academic career.
- Up to $750 awarded during Fall or Spring Semester
- One-time award
- All scholarship funding will be sent to the institution and cannot be issued directly to the student
- All finalists will be notified no later than April 1, 2018
- Must be an incoming freshman, sophomore, or junior African-American female student enrolled at Austin Peay State University or Tennessee State University and is a member of their track team.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative Grade Point Average
- Must be present at the Wilma Rudolph Banquet on June 23, 2018 in Clarksville, Tennessee
- Complete Application
- Essay: In 500 words or less why you should be considered for this scholarship and how does your life parallel to Wilma Rudolph’s life.
- Letter of recommendation.
- At least (1) one letter of recommendation from a teacher, professor, mentor, or guidance counselor
- Transcript from high school or college.
- Application and materials must be submitted no later than 4:30 pm on March 1, 2018.
*The online application requires each applicant to sign-in to their Google account. If you need to create an account please click here. For your convenience, you can download a paper scholarship application here.
If you have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.